EZGIF IMAGE OPTIMIZER HELP:
1) Click on the link https://ezgif.com/optimize. It is a secure site. You can always find this link from the top MENU BAR under RESOURCES: Online Image Optimizer.
2) Once the page opens up look in the gray top menu bar of the optimize page, for the image extension you want. If using the extension .jpg, select "JPG optimizer" and click on that. Check the extension (.jpg, .gif, .png) at the end of your image file name, and select the optimizer for that extension.
3) Once on the "Optimize JPEG images" page (or GIF or PNG) scroll down just a bit and click on the 'Browse' button. This opens up the directories on YOUR computer where you can find your images.
4) Select the directory where you store your images and the select the image you wish to optimize. Now scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the "Open" button. This will place take you back to the "Optimize JPEG images" page but now with the image ready to be uploaded from your computer so it can be optimized. Now click on the 'Upload" button.
5) You should now see your image on the page under "Optimize JPEG images". Now look above the image where there are several button options. The first thing to do would be to crop the image to your liking: so click on the 'Crop' button and make the white crop box fit the image by moving the top left and bottom right corners of the crop box. Make sure the crop box is exactly superimposed over just the image. Now scroll down and click on the "Crop Image" button.
6) After you click on the "Crop Image" button the new "Cropped" image will appear under it. Look just below the image where it will tell you the size of the file. For the Lily Auction purpoes the file should be less than 100KiB.
7) If the image file size is less than than 100KiB then we are all set. Scroll down and click on the 'Save' button which should place the cropped image in the download directory of your computer. Immediately rename this image and move it to a specific directory that you can access for later uploading to items listed on the Lily Auction. Naming your images properly will make things a lot easier later when you want to post these images to a Lily Auction item.
8) If the image file size is 100KiB or more then you will need to Optimize it. Click on the "Optimize" button and the select the "Fit File Size in" option and enter 99. Scroll down and click the Save button. At this point you should rename the image to the name of the cultivar, and move it to your image directory, so you will be able to easily find it later.
If you Optimize your images, re-name them properly and keep them in a dedicated image-file directory on your computer, it will make uploading to the Lily Auction much faster and easier.
To return to the Auction page
where you came from,
Otherwise, click here to get to the ALL CATEGORIES page of the Lily Auction.